Looking for cloud migration services? Well, you are at the right place. Before we go deeper, let us first understand what cloud migration is.
Cloud migration is the procedure of moving or transporting digital business operations to the cloud. Cloud migration is like a physical move, but it involves moving data, IT processes, and applications, from one set of data centers to another set of data centers, instead of packing up and transporting physical goods. Much like moving from a smaller house to a bigger one, cloud migration needs quite a bit of groundwork, but usually, it is worth all the effort and results in cost savings and more flexibility.
Scalex Cloud, with its top-notch cloud migration services, helps you in digital transformation and making the move to the cloud with the right roadmap, strategy, methodology, and ecosystem collaborations.
Benefits of Cloud Migration
The cloud is revolutionizing the manner in which organizations handle their IT infrastructure. Moving to the cloud away from the traditional IT infrastructure enables improved flexibility in access and data management. It also helps with cost-saving as there is not much physical network maintenance required and provides a direct path for future evolution or up-scaling of systems over time. The challenge with cloud migration is that each migration mandates a different approach, which is where ScalexCloud’s expertise in applying the best technology to real-world scenarios helps.
Following are some of the main benefits of cloud migration:
- Scalability - cloud computing can scale to offer support to larger workloads and more users, much more conveniently than on-premises infrastructure.
- Cost – The cloud migration services offered by cloud providers take over the upgrades and maintenance. Organizations migrating to the cloud can spend much less on IT operations. These organizations can thus devote more resources to innovation - creating new products or enhancing existing products.
- Performance - Migrating to the cloud can enhance performance and end-user experience.
- Digital experience - Users can access cloud services and data from anywhere, whether they are customers or employees.
How does on-premises-to-cloud migration work?
Each business has different needs and therefore follows a different process for cloud migrations. Cloud migration consulting services can help businesses set up their migration process. Most cloud migrations comprise the following steps:
- Establish goals: Establishing goals helps a business understand if the migration was successful or not.
- Create a security strategy: Cloud cybersecurity mandates a different approach compared to on-premises security. Corporate assets are not secured behind a firewall in the cloud, and the network perimeter does not really exist. Deploying a cloud firewall or a web application firewall may be required.
- Copy over data: Choose a cloud provider and duplicate prevailing databases. This should be done repeatedly through the migration so that the cloud database remains up-to-date.
- Move business intelligence: This includes refactoring or rewriting code.
- Change production from on-premises to the cloud: The cloud goes live and the migration process is complete.
Many businesses turn off their on-premises infrastructure towards the end of these steps, while others may retain legacy systems as a backup or as part of a hybrid cloud deployment.
Cloud migration may seem like a complicated process for organizations accustomed to traditional data management. However, Scalex Cloud – one of the best US migration services company, will help your organization move to the cloud seamlessly. Reach out and you will have a team of expert architects, engineers, and consultants to help you plan, design, deploy and execute your migration to the cloud.